US woman murdered in Jodhpur, son detained
Jodhpur (Rajasthan): A 50-year-old American
woman was on Thursday found murdered with her throat slit near a
resort in Osian village in the district and police have
detained her son for questioning.
The body of Cindy Iannarelli, from Pennsylvania, was
found by the staff of the Reggie`s Camel Camp, Superintendent
of Police (Rural Jodhpur) Girdharilal Sharma said.
The American tourist had been attacked by a sharp
edged weapon and there were wounds on her neck, the SP said.
Cindy and her son Johncarlo Patton (22) had reached
Jodhpur on Wednesday afternoon and headed straight to Osain,
100 kms from here.
Police claimed that the Johncarlo "fled" from the
resort after the murder last night and was today detained by
police at Jodhpur airport.
"We are interrogating Johncarlo, who is the prime
suspect," Sharma said.
The SP said that the police received information his
morning that Cindy`s body was found lying near the resort and
her son Johncarlo was missing.
In his statement to the police, Johncarlo said that
his parents had divorced and he wanted Cindy to patch up but
she was not convinced.
"They had a heated argument on the issue on Thursday
and in the night this incident occurred," police said.
According to the resort manager, the duo had gone on a
Camel Safari yesterday and visited a temple. In the evening
they had enjoyed a cultural programme and at about 10PM, they
went to their room.
"Next morning, when I went to their hut, it was closed
but there was blood splattered everywhere. I followed a blood
trail and found her body at the bottom of the sand dune on
which the hut is built. We immediately informed the police,"
Police have informed the USA embassy. They said a
post-mortem will be conducted after a representative of the
embassy arrives here.
The body was sent to the Mahatma Gandhi Hospital
mortuary, Sharma said, adding the hotel staff were also being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?