Vasundha Raje institutionalised corruption: Gehlot
Jaipur: With the political mercury rising in poll-bound Rajasthan, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot today accused BJP state president Vasundhara Raje of institutionalising corruption.
Addressing a mass meeting in Alwar district, Gehlot said that BJP leaders levelled baseless allegations against him and his family because they have nothing to say hence misleading people.
"Raje is arrogant and there is no space for arrogance in democracy hence she would not be successful in moving ahead," said Gehlot while addressing a public meeting in Bansur area of Alwar district.
Gehlot alleged that Raje institutionalised the corruption and these charges were levelled by her own party leaders and ministers.
"It was alleged that my son has a hotel in Jaipur and I have a bungalow in Mumbai. If there is any, I would like to offer these to Vasundhara who has greed," he said.
He added that such baseless allegations are not new and he faced similar false allegations 32 years ago when I was an MP.
Highlighting flagship schemes and programmes of his government, Gehlot said that the government has took many decisions in interest of all sections of society be it in social security sector or any other.
He expressed confidence that Congress would be successful in retaining power in next assembly elections.
The Chief Minister also urged people to promote birth of girl child while highlighting dangers of declining sex ratio.
Union Minister of State and Alwar MP Jitendra Singh, PCC state President Chandrabhan were also present in the meeting, which held under `Congress Sandesh Yatra` which began a fortnight ago.
The yatra is aimed at garnering support among the masses for the state assembly elections lined up later this year.
Earlier in the day, Gehlot met party workers and locals at circuit house in Kotputli area in the district and accepted their representations.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note