Vasundhara Raje attacks Congress over corruption
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje today kick started the Lok Sabha campaign with an attack on Congress, alleging that each person in the state is under a debt of Rs 75,000 due to the policies of its previous government in the state and at the Centre.
"People in the state are under a debt of Rs 75,000 each and the economy suffered due to the policies of the Congress governments," she said.
Addressing rallies in Jaipur and Churu, Raje alleged that corruption was rampant during the rule of former Congress government in Rajasthan and government did nothing for the development of the state.
"Due to the former government, the state is facing a difficult phase financially. There was a gap between people and the government during Congress rule but when BJP came to power, we started doing `Jan Sunwai` and Cabinet meetings at divisional headquarters level to get the ground level feedback," she said, while asking people to vote for BJP to get a better government at the Centre.
BJP secretary Bhupendra Yadav, party`s state president Ashok Parnami, health minister Rajendra Rathore and other leaders were present in the rallies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’