Vasundhara Raje holds review meeting with MLAs over Jaswant`s move
Jaipur: After Jaswant Singh on Sunday announced that he will contest the Lok Sabha elections as an independent candidate from Barmer, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje held a meeting here with MLAs from Barmer and Jaisalmer districts to review the scene arising out of the veteran BJP leader`s move.
Jaswant Singh`s son Manvendra Singh, who is BJP MLA from Shiv constituency, could not turn up in the meeting as he was said to be "sick".
Raje held the meeting with eight MLAs of Barmer and Jaisalmer districts who were specially called for review and to discuss the impact of ticket distribution on party and voters, at her residence, the party sources said.
When contacted, Manvendra Singh told PTI on telephone that he was not well.
"I am not well and advised rest by doctors. I have informed the Chief Minister yesterday about my sickness," he said.
On a question that whether he was protesting against the denial of ticket to his father, he did not utter a single word and hung up the phone.
Meanwhile, former BJP MP Subhash Meharia, who was denied ticket from Sikar constituency, held a massive meeting of his supporters under a banner of "sarv samaj mahapanchayat" at Sikar demanding review of the party`s decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley