Vasundhara Raje kicks off `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`
Rajsamand: The Rajasthan unit of BJP on Thursday launched its `Suraj Sankalp Yatra` here, aimed at garnering support among the masses for Assembly Elections lined up in the state later this year.
Vasundhra Raje, the state unit president launched the Yatra from Charbhuja Temple, during which she called upon the people to make collective efforts to throw the Congress out of the power and to make a "new Rajasthan".
"I see confidence in all of you and none can stop us from moving ahead. We need to make united efforts to throw Congress out of power," Raje said.
The former chief minister blamed that the Congress government, which came to power four-and-a-half years ago, hatched conspiracy against her and formed a commission to investigate "false" allegations against her.
"The Gehlot government failed to provide relief to farmers, youths, whereas the law and order situation has also deteriorated. Hence, the state needs a positive change," she said.
Raje also accused Congress leaders of using "objectionable" language against her in their `Sandesh Yatra`, which the party began last week from Jaipur.
Several BJP MPs, MLAs and its state vice-president Arun Chaturvedi were present on the occasion.
The Yatra, which is going to end in July, will cover over 200 places in the seven divisions of the state and 35 mass meetings will take place during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts