Vasundhara Raje kicks off `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`
Rajsamand: The Rajasthan unit of BJP on Thursday launched its `Suraj Sankalp Yatra` here, aimed at garnering support among the masses for Assembly Elections lined up in the state later this year.
Vasundhra Raje, the state unit president launched the Yatra from Charbhuja Temple, during which she called upon the people to make collective efforts to throw the Congress out of the power and to make a "new Rajasthan".
"I see confidence in all of you and none can stop us from moving ahead. We need to make united efforts to throw Congress out of power," Raje said.
The former chief minister blamed that the Congress government, which came to power four-and-a-half years ago, hatched conspiracy against her and formed a commission to investigate "false" allegations against her.
"The Gehlot government failed to provide relief to farmers, youths, whereas the law and order situation has also deteriorated. Hence, the state needs a positive change," she said.
Raje also accused Congress leaders of using "objectionable" language against her in their `Sandesh Yatra`, which the party began last week from Jaipur.
Several BJP MPs, MLAs and its state vice-president Arun Chaturvedi were present on the occasion.
The Yatra, which is going to end in July, will cover over 200 places in the seven divisions of the state and 35 mass meetings will take place during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal