Vasundhara Raje stakes claim to form government in Rajasthan
Jaipur: BJP`s Chief Ministerial candidate Vasundhara Raje on Tuesday called on Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva to stake claim to form the government following her party`s landslide win in the Assembly polls.
She was accompanied by the party MLA Gulabchand Kataria and two other party leaders.
The meeting lasted for a few minutes, Raj Bhawan sources said.
The oath ceremony will take place on December 13.
Raje was yesterday elected the BJP legislature party leader in Rajasthan. BJP MLAs had unanimously passed a proposal of Kataria to elect Raje, who was projected as the party`s chief ministerial candidate, as their leader.
BJP secured a four-fifth majority in the 200-member Rajasthan Assembly. Congress could manage just 21 seats out of the 199 for which polling was held while BJP secured 162 seats.
Congress had won 96 seats in the 2008 Assembly polls when it had wrested power from Raje while BJP had 78 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand