Vasundhara Raje stakes claim to form government in Rajasthan
Jaipur: BJP`s Chief Ministerial candidate Vasundhara Raje on Tuesday called on Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva to stake claim to form the government following her party`s landslide win in the Assembly polls.
She was accompanied by the party MLA Gulabchand Kataria and two other party leaders.
The meeting lasted for a few minutes, Raj Bhawan sources said.
The oath ceremony will take place on December 13.
Raje was yesterday elected the BJP legislature party leader in Rajasthan. BJP MLAs had unanimously passed a proposal of Kataria to elect Raje, who was projected as the party`s chief ministerial candidate, as their leader.
BJP secured a four-fifth majority in the 200-member Rajasthan Assembly. Congress could manage just 21 seats out of the 199 for which polling was held while BJP secured 162 seats.
Congress had won 96 seats in the 2008 Assembly polls when it had wrested power from Raje while BJP had 78 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reality check: How will India fare at 2016 Rio Olympics?
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read