Vasundhara Raje stakes claim to form government in Rajasthan
Jaipur: BJP`s Chief Ministerial candidate Vasundhara Raje on Tuesday called on Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva to stake claim to form the government following her party`s landslide win in the Assembly polls.
She was accompanied by the party MLA Gulabchand Kataria and two other party leaders.
The meeting lasted for a few minutes, Raj Bhawan sources said.
The oath ceremony will take place on December 13.
Raje was yesterday elected the BJP legislature party leader in Rajasthan. BJP MLAs had unanimously passed a proposal of Kataria to elect Raje, who was projected as the party`s chief ministerial candidate, as their leader.
BJP secured a four-fifth majority in the 200-member Rajasthan Assembly. Congress could manage just 21 seats out of the 199 for which polling was held while BJP secured 162 seats.
Congress had won 96 seats in the 2008 Assembly polls when it had wrested power from Raje while BJP had 78 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre