Vasundhara Raje sworn in as Rajasthan Chief Minister
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: Vasundhara Raje, who spearhead BJP`s spectacular comeback to power in Rajasthan, was on Friday sworn-in as Chief Minister at a ceremony in Jaipur in the presence of several senior politicians, including Narendra Modi.
Raje took the oath of office inside the premises of Assembly building at a ceremony, which was attended by BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, party president Rajnath Singh, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh and other senior leaders.
Over 50 thousands visitors reportedly attended the ceremony for which arrangements were made within the building premises and outside at Janpath.
Seating arrangements, drinking water facility, parking and security among other arrangements were made for visitors who attended the programme at Janpath.
60-year-old Vasundhara Raje, who belongs to the royal Scindia family of Gwalior and married in Rajasthan, has been elected to the state assembly thrice and five times to Lok Sabha.
Raje became Rajasthan`s first woman chief minister in 2003 when the "angrezi-speaking maharani", a phrase used by her critics to refer to her elitist and royal background, led BJP to its most famous victory in the predominantly rural state.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"