Vasundhara Raje sworn in as Rajasthan Chief Minister
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: Vasundhara Raje, who spearhead BJP`s spectacular comeback to power in Rajasthan, was on Friday sworn-in as Chief Minister at a ceremony in Jaipur in the presence of several senior politicians, including Narendra Modi.
Raje took the oath of office inside the premises of Assembly building at a ceremony, which was attended by BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, party president Rajnath Singh, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh and other senior leaders.
Over 50 thousands visitors reportedly attended the ceremony for which arrangements were made within the building premises and outside at Janpath.
Seating arrangements, drinking water facility, parking and security among other arrangements were made for visitors who attended the programme at Janpath.
60-year-old Vasundhara Raje, who belongs to the royal Scindia family of Gwalior and married in Rajasthan, has been elected to the state assembly thrice and five times to Lok Sabha.
Raje became Rajasthan`s first woman chief minister in 2003 when the "angrezi-speaking maharani", a phrase used by her critics to refer to her elitist and royal background, led BJP to its most famous victory in the predominantly rural state.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad