Vasundhara Raje threatens to quit BJP
Jaipur: Bringing to fore the feud in Rajasthan BJP, its leader Gulabchand Kataria on late Saturday called off his `Lok Jagran Yatra` following differences at a core committee meeting which saw Leader of the Opposition Vasundhara Raje threatening to quit the party and walking out the meeting in a huff.
Raje said she would resign from the party`s membership if Kataria did not withdraw his decision, after which Kataria announced not to go ahead with his proposed 28-day yatra.
At the meeting attended by senior party leaders, Raje was understood to have objected to Kataria`s plan to take out the `Yatra`.
She said party workers are always important and if they are not happy with any decision, such a decision should be dropped.
Raje told reporters before leaving the party office that she would resign from the party if Kataria did not withdraw his decision.
Party sources said that after differneces with Kataria, Raje said in the meeting "I should resign" and left.
Soon after that, Kataria also came out of the meeting and announced he will not be taking out the Yatra "in the interest of the party".
"I am a disciplined member of the party and I am not above the party. The party members are unhappy with my decision. So, I announce cancellation of the Yatra in the party`s interest," he said.
BJP leaders, including national secretary Kirit Somaiya, state president Arun Chaturvedi, Deputy Leader of the Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari, MLA Kiran Maheshwari were also present at the meeting which began in the evening.
Kataria had earlier announced he would undertake a 28-day `Lok Jagran Yatra` in the tribal belt of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!