Vasundhara Raje wants her security cut, doesn`t move to official house
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has asked state DGP Omendra Bharadwaj to scale down her security cover so that people do not face trouble when visiting her.
Raje has urged the police chief that the number of her security personnel be cut to half.
"Z-plus security cover is provided to the Chief Minister. But now after the direction of the Chief Minister, we are working out new security arrangements and on the number of security personnel to be deployed," T Guite, IG Security, said today.
The police personnel who are taken off the CM`s security will be posted for the security of people and in law and order of the state from tomorrow.
"The CM has given directions to police that traffic should not be stopped when her cavalcade moves. Her cavalcade stops at Red signals because she does not want inconvenience for common man," Raje`s press advisor Mahendra Bharadwaj said.
Raje has not moved to the sprawling official Chief Minister`s residence at 8 Civil Lines and is staying at her present residence at 13 Civil Lines.
An official release from her office said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s decision not to move into the official residence there comes after her decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation