Vasundhara Raje`s resignation from LOP post accepted
Jaipur: The resignation of former
Rajasthan Chief Minister and BJP leader Vasundhara Raje from
the post of Leader of Opposition in Rajasthan assembly has
been accepted, ending nearly five months of defiance of the
party leadership by her.
The acceptance of her resignation was announced by
Speaker Dipender Singh Shekhawat in the House today after the
The state BJP had said on Tuesday that Deputy Leader
of the party in Assembly, G S Tiwari, will handle the
charge on temporary basis. However, there was no mention of
Tiwari`s name when the Speaker announced the decision.
Raje had defied party leadership for nearly five
months and had claimed the support of more than 50 of
the 78 BJP MLAs in Rajasthan. She resigned from the post on
There are indications that she will be accommodated
at the party`s central level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!