Vasundhara Raje`s resignation from LOP post accepted
Jaipur: The resignation of former
Rajasthan Chief Minister and BJP leader Vasundhara Raje from
the post of Leader of Opposition in Rajasthan assembly has
been accepted, ending nearly five months of defiance of the
party leadership by her.
The acceptance of her resignation was announced by
Speaker Dipender Singh Shekhawat in the House today after the
The state BJP had said on Tuesday that Deputy Leader
of the party in Assembly, G S Tiwari, will handle the
charge on temporary basis. However, there was no mention of
Tiwari`s name when the Speaker announced the decision.
Raje had defied party leadership for nearly five
months and had claimed the support of more than 50 of
the 78 BJP MLAs in Rajasthan. She resigned from the post on
There are indications that she will be accommodated
at the party`s central level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof