Veteran Congress leader Parasram Maderna `critical`
Jaipur: Senior Congress and former Assembly Speaker Parasram Maderna has been put on ventilator support following respiratory failure, sources said.
The 92-year-old Jat leader was rushed to SMS Hospital here after he complained of swollen legs and stomach two days back. He was shifted to the ICU last night and is in a critical condition, SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh told PTI here.
"Maderna`s condition is critical and on respiratory ventilator," Singh said. A team of doctors attending on him said Maderna is suffering from diabetes, osteoarthritis and septicaemia.
His elder son and former Congress minister, Mahipal Maderna, who is in jail in connection with Bhanwari Devi`s murder case, was given interim bail to attend to his ailing father by the court on February 12.
Mahipal has been allowed to visit the ICU from 10 am to 5 pm till his father is admitted there. Meanwhile, several Congress leaders including former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot visited the hospital enquiring Maderna`s health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala