Veteran Congress leader Parasram Maderna `critical`
Jaipur: Senior Congress and former Assembly Speaker Parasram Maderna has been put on ventilator support following respiratory failure, sources said.
The 92-year-old Jat leader was rushed to SMS Hospital here after he complained of swollen legs and stomach two days back. He was shifted to the ICU last night and is in a critical condition, SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh told PTI here.
"Maderna`s condition is critical and on respiratory ventilator," Singh said. A team of doctors attending on him said Maderna is suffering from diabetes, osteoarthritis and septicaemia.
His elder son and former Congress minister, Mahipal Maderna, who is in jail in connection with Bhanwari Devi`s murder case, was given interim bail to attend to his ailing father by the court on February 12.
Mahipal has been allowed to visit the ICU from 10 am to 5 pm till his father is admitted there. Meanwhile, several Congress leaders including former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot visited the hospital enquiring Maderna`s health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced
- Subramanian Swamy – Interesting facts about the firebrand politician
- What happened when Deepika Padukone met a boy who was disappointed over results! – Details inside
- Reliance Communications to use Jio's network from next week
- Three militants killed in encounter in north Kashmir