Veteran Congress leader Parasram Maderna `critical`
Jaipur: Senior Congress and former Assembly Speaker Parasram Maderna has been put on ventilator support following respiratory failure, sources said.
The 92-year-old Jat leader was rushed to SMS Hospital here after he complained of swollen legs and stomach two days back. He was shifted to the ICU last night and is in a critical condition, SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh told PTI here.
"Maderna`s condition is critical and on respiratory ventilator," Singh said. A team of doctors attending on him said Maderna is suffering from diabetes, osteoarthritis and septicaemia.
His elder son and former Congress minister, Mahipal Maderna, who is in jail in connection with Bhanwari Devi`s murder case, was given interim bail to attend to his ailing father by the court on February 12.
Mahipal has been allowed to visit the ICU from 10 am to 5 pm till his father is admitted there. Meanwhile, several Congress leaders including former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot visited the hospital enquiring Maderna`s health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa