Veteran Congress leader Parasram Maderna `critical`
Jaipur: Senior Congress and former Assembly Speaker Parasram Maderna has been put on ventilator support following respiratory failure, sources said.
The 92-year-old Jat leader was rushed to SMS Hospital here after he complained of swollen legs and stomach two days back. He was shifted to the ICU last night and is in a critical condition, SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh told PTI here.
"Maderna`s condition is critical and on respiratory ventilator," Singh said. A team of doctors attending on him said Maderna is suffering from diabetes, osteoarthritis and septicaemia.
His elder son and former Congress minister, Mahipal Maderna, who is in jail in connection with Bhanwari Devi`s murder case, was given interim bail to attend to his ailing father by the court on February 12.
Mahipal has been allowed to visit the ICU from 10 am to 5 pm till his father is admitted there. Meanwhile, several Congress leaders including former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot visited the hospital enquiring Maderna`s health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket