Veteran Congress leader Parasram Maderna `critical`
Jaipur: Senior Congress and former Assembly Speaker Parasram Maderna has been put on ventilator support following respiratory failure, sources said.
The 92-year-old Jat leader was rushed to SMS Hospital here after he complained of swollen legs and stomach two days back. He was shifted to the ICU last night and is in a critical condition, SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh told PTI here.
"Maderna`s condition is critical and on respiratory ventilator," Singh said. A team of doctors attending on him said Maderna is suffering from diabetes, osteoarthritis and septicaemia.
His elder son and former Congress minister, Mahipal Maderna, who is in jail in connection with Bhanwari Devi`s murder case, was given interim bail to attend to his ailing father by the court on February 12.
Mahipal has been allowed to visit the ICU from 10 am to 5 pm till his father is admitted there. Meanwhile, several Congress leaders including former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot visited the hospital enquiring Maderna`s health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Inclusion of Pakistani players will raise importance, status of Indian Premier League: Zaheer Abbas
- Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder: Major breakthrough - Five shooters arrested in connection with case
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared