VHP raises Article 370, Uniform Civil Code, Ram temple
Jaipur: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Thursday raised the contentious issues of Article 370, Uniform Civil Code, rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits and Ram Temple and said they expect the Narendra Modi government to resolve these issues.
Addressing a ten days "Parishad Siksha Varg" represented by over 100 delegates from entire Rajasthan, VHP`s Kendriya Mantri Jeeveshwar Mishr today demanded there should be Uniform Civil Code and an action be taken on Article 370 to rehabilitate Kashmiri Pandits in the valley.
"We expect from the present Modi government that there should be a debate and action on the issues of Uniform Civil Code, Article 370 and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits in the valley," Mishr said.
Besides, there should also be comprehensive awareness programmes on the construction of Ram Mandir at Ayodhya, Srikrishna Janambhoomi (birthplace) in Mathura and Kashi Vishwanathan temple in Varanasi, Mishr said.
Mishr also demanded to ban cow slaughtering in the entire country.
PTI GG SUA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Brexit: Could Britain's withdrawal from EU still be averted?
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam