VHP raises Article 370, Uniform Civil Code, Ram temple
Jaipur: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Thursday raised the contentious issues of Article 370, Uniform Civil Code, rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits and Ram Temple and said they expect the Narendra Modi government to resolve these issues.
Addressing a ten days "Parishad Siksha Varg" represented by over 100 delegates from entire Rajasthan, VHP`s Kendriya Mantri Jeeveshwar Mishr today demanded there should be Uniform Civil Code and an action be taken on Article 370 to rehabilitate Kashmiri Pandits in the valley.
"We expect from the present Modi government that there should be a debate and action on the issues of Uniform Civil Code, Article 370 and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits in the valley," Mishr said.
Besides, there should also be comprehensive awareness programmes on the construction of Ram Mandir at Ayodhya, Srikrishna Janambhoomi (birthplace) in Mathura and Kashi Vishwanathan temple in Varanasi, Mishr said.
Mishr also demanded to ban cow slaughtering in the entire country.
PTI GG SUA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon