When Asaram pleaded for providing female doctor in jail
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl on Monday had requested the District and Sessions` Court judge to accept his request of allowing his personal female doctor to treat him in jail.
While appearing in the court, the controversial spiritual pleaded before judge Manoj Kumar Vyas to accept his request of allowing his personal female doctor to treat his "chronic neurological disease", referred to by him as "trinadi shool".
When asked about the disease, he told the judge that it is a disorder which deprives him of a sound sleep.
Judge Manoj Kumar Vyas, however, refused to consider the plea in the absence of defence counsel.
A 16-year-old girl on Aug 20 lodged a police complaint, accusing Asaram of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Jodhpur.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur Sep 1.
Asaram has been booked under Sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, Section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act ( POCSO ) and Sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act.
Asaram`s judicial custody was extended on Monday for another 14 days, by the court, where he was produced for the hearing of his bail plea.
Asaram, 72, who was arrested from his ashram in Indore in Madhya Pradesh, had sought bail claiming that police erred in booking him under a rape charge, which is non-bailable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP