Who will head BJP in Rajasthan assembly?
Jaipur: The uncertainty over the Leader of
Opposition is haunting the BJP state unit ahead of the budget
session beginning Monday as the party leadership could not
find a replacement for Vasundhara Raje, who quit from the post
Party state unit is looking upto its central leadership
for a decision, though it holds that Raje is still the LoP in
the House. However, the RSS, which had been very vociferous
against the former chief minister, expressed the hope that the
party would find a replacement by early next week.
BJP whip in the assembly Rajendra Singh Rathod, deputy
leader Ghanshyam Tiwari and state party president Arun
Chaturvedi feel that Raje would continue in the post.
"Till now, Raje is the Leader of Opposition in the house
though she tendered her resignation," Rathod told agency.
Deputy-Leader Tiwari said, "it is the party high
command`s matter...as of now in assembly she (Raje) is LoP."
Chaturvedi, who was on way from the party`s national
executive in Indore, said, "Technically, legally and
constitutionally, Raje is LoP till party does any other
When contacted, Raje`s press advisor Mahendra Bhardwaj
said, "I do not know where she is now, as she could not attend
the party`s national meet in Indore."
An RSS leader, requesting anonymity, said BJP President
Nitin Gadkari would most probably make a change in leadership
by early next week.
Echoing the same, MLAs who are loyal to Raje, said the
high command could effect a change of her choice.
Meanwhile, Chief Whip in the assembly Virendra Beniwal
(Congress) told PTI that the first meeting of Business
Advisory Committee (BAC) would decide the agenda and days of
The date of budget presentation would also be decided by
the BAC, he said adding it might be possibly on March 1 or 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble