Who will head BJP in Rajasthan assembly?
Jaipur: The uncertainty over the Leader of
Opposition is haunting the BJP state unit ahead of the budget
session beginning Monday as the party leadership could not
find a replacement for Vasundhara Raje, who quit from the post
Party state unit is looking upto its central leadership
for a decision, though it holds that Raje is still the LoP in
the House. However, the RSS, which had been very vociferous
against the former chief minister, expressed the hope that the
party would find a replacement by early next week.
BJP whip in the assembly Rajendra Singh Rathod, deputy
leader Ghanshyam Tiwari and state party president Arun
Chaturvedi feel that Raje would continue in the post.
"Till now, Raje is the Leader of Opposition in the house
though she tendered her resignation," Rathod told agency.
Deputy-Leader Tiwari said, "it is the party high
command`s matter...as of now in assembly she (Raje) is LoP."
Chaturvedi, who was on way from the party`s national
executive in Indore, said, "Technically, legally and
constitutionally, Raje is LoP till party does any other
When contacted, Raje`s press advisor Mahendra Bhardwaj
said, "I do not know where she is now, as she could not attend
the party`s national meet in Indore."
An RSS leader, requesting anonymity, said BJP President
Nitin Gadkari would most probably make a change in leadership
by early next week.
Echoing the same, MLAs who are loyal to Raje, said the
high command could effect a change of her choice.
Meanwhile, Chief Whip in the assembly Virendra Beniwal
(Congress) told PTI that the first meeting of Business
Advisory Committee (BAC) would decide the agenda and days of
The date of budget presentation would also be decided by
the BAC, he said adding it might be possibly on March 1 or 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits