Widow, paramour burnt alive in Alwar village
Alwar: In a shocking case, a widow was
allegedly burnt alive along with a man here by her family
members over their alleged illicit relationship, police said.
Hura (48), a widow, and Mamur (50) were burnt alive
last night by the woman`s family members and their partially
charred bodies were found near Hura`s home in Sadoli village,
they said. Hura`s husband had died several years ago.
Initial investigations had revealed that the family
was angry over what they believed was an "illicit
relationship" between the two, Superintendent of Police Mahesh
The bodies have been sent for postmortem but no one
has been arrested in the case so far.
After the death of her husband, Hura was living with
Mamur in Tamukra village. She went to her home in Sadoli
yesterday to mourn the death of a close relative, a police
The family, which was angry over their relationship,
first tied up the two with a tree and then beat them before
setting them ablaze, he said.
The official said Hura`s two sons, who had a major
role in the incident, are currently at large and police is
looking for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh