Widow, paramour burnt alive in Alwar village
Alwar: In a shocking case, a widow was
allegedly burnt alive along with a man here by her family
members over their alleged illicit relationship, police said.
Hura (48), a widow, and Mamur (50) were burnt alive
last night by the woman`s family members and their partially
charred bodies were found near Hura`s home in Sadoli village,
they said. Hura`s husband had died several years ago.
Initial investigations had revealed that the family
was angry over what they believed was an "illicit
relationship" between the two, Superintendent of Police Mahesh
The bodies have been sent for postmortem but no one
has been arrested in the case so far.
After the death of her husband, Hura was living with
Mamur in Tamukra village. She went to her home in Sadoli
yesterday to mourn the death of a close relative, a police
The family, which was angry over their relationship,
first tied up the two with a tree and then beat them before
setting them ablaze, he said.
The official said Hura`s two sons, who had a major
role in the incident, are currently at large and police is
looking for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city