Witch doctor arrested for raping woman in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A self-proclaimed witch doctor was arrested in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district on Friday for allegedly repeatedly raping a woman over six months on the pretext of exorcising an evil spirit that he claimed possessed her, police said.
According to police, the incident occurred in JNV area of the town, 400 km from Jaipur.
A 30-year-old woman had approached witch doctor Chunni Mali in November last year.
"The woman was suffering from a prolonged illness. When she did not recover even after being treated by several doctors, her family took her to Mali. The woman said that as soon as Mali saw her, he claimed that she was possessed by an evil spirit,” said a police officer.
Mali raped her after drugging her the first time and photographed her in compromising positions, the officer said.
He added: "Mali then started blackmailing the woman on the basis of photographs and raped her several times over the past six months. We have registered a first information report (FIR) against Mali for rape and blackmail."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune