Witch doctor arrested for raping woman in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A self-proclaimed witch doctor was arrested in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district on Friday for allegedly repeatedly raping a woman over six months on the pretext of exorcising an evil spirit that he claimed possessed her, police said.
According to police, the incident occurred in JNV area of the town, 400 km from Jaipur.
A 30-year-old woman had approached witch doctor Chunni Mali in November last year.
"The woman was suffering from a prolonged illness. When she did not recover even after being treated by several doctors, her family took her to Mali. The woman said that as soon as Mali saw her, he claimed that she was possessed by an evil spirit,” said a police officer.
Mali raped her after drugging her the first time and photographed her in compromising positions, the officer said.
He added: "Mali then started blackmailing the woman on the basis of photographs and raped her several times over the past six months. We have registered a first information report (FIR) against Mali for rape and blackmail."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister