Woman allegedly raped, kept in confinement for 11 months
Jaipur: A 30-year-old woman was allegedly raped for 11 months by a man who kept her locked in a room in Bhattabasti area here, police said on Tuesday.
The woman in her complaint to a local court last year also accused Ramkhilari Saini and his wife Geeta of attempting to terminate her pregnancy.
Following the court`s order to register an FIR in the case, police filed the victim`s complaint yesterday.
A case under various sections of IPC including 376 for rape was lodged against the two accused, who are labourers and hail from Bamanwas in Sawaimadhopur district, police said, adding, both are absconding and efforts to nab them are on.
Meanwhile, in a dowry-cum-sexual exploitation case, a 19-year-old newly-wed was allegedly raped by her father-in-law two days after she got married in Sanganer here.
The incident took place on February 10 and FIR in this connection was lodged yesterday.
According to the complaint, the victim said she was physically and mentally tortured by her in-laws for dowry.
The FIR has been lodged against ten persons including her husband, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere