Woman alleges rape by live-in partner
Jaipur: A 37-year-old woman was allegedly raped and assaulted by a man with whom she was in a live-in relation in Shiv Colony here, police said on Wednesday.
Accused Kamlesh Sharma (44), a driver, was booked under various sections of the IPC for rape, assault and extortion on a complaint filed by the victim yesterday, Investigating Officer Jamnalal at Gandhi Nagar Police station said.
The victim, having a 16-year-old daughter from her first husband, alleged that the accused had raped and assaulted her.
The couple was living together as husband-wife since 2005 in a rented accommodation at Jhalandungari area`s Shiv Colony.
The victim also alleged that Sharma extorted Rs 70,000 and jewellery worth Rs 50,000 from her, the IO said.
Further investigations are on and efforts are being made to arrest the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits