Woman alleges rape by live-in partner
Jaipur: A 37-year-old woman was allegedly raped and assaulted by a man with whom she was in a live-in relation in Shiv Colony here, police said on Wednesday.
Accused Kamlesh Sharma (44), a driver, was booked under various sections of the IPC for rape, assault and extortion on a complaint filed by the victim yesterday, Investigating Officer Jamnalal at Gandhi Nagar Police station said.
The victim, having a 16-year-old daughter from her first husband, alleged that the accused had raped and assaulted her.
The couple was living together as husband-wife since 2005 in a rented accommodation at Jhalandungari area`s Shiv Colony.
The victim also alleged that Sharma extorted Rs 70,000 and jewellery worth Rs 50,000 from her, the IO said.
Further investigations are on and efforts are being made to arrest the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre