Woman arrested for robbing 5 `husbands` in Rajasthan
Kota: A 35-year-old woman was arrested along with her accomplices in neighbouring Baran district for allegedly duping five men into marrying her before fleeing away with their money and valuables, police said on Tuesday.
Kusum alias Pooja was part of a gang of about five-six members who would flee with the money and valuables of the men they had duped, SHO Ganga Sahaya Sharma said.
Kusum along with two of her accomplices -- Ashok and Jugal Kishore -- were arrested yesterday, he added.
During interrogation, Kusum allegedly confessed to have cheated five men into marrying her before running away with their valuables.
The matter came to light yesterday when Ashok and Jugal lodged a complaint with the police alleging that Kusum had been kept captive by her husband Ashok Kumar Meena.
On investigation, it was revealed Meena had paid a sum of Rs 1.50?lakh to Kusum`s `relative` Ashok at the time of marriage and that the gang had duped some others as well using the modus operandi, the SHO said.
A case has been lodged under relevant sections and police is investigating the matter. Efforts are on to arrest the other members of the gang, Sharma said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City