Woman arrested for robbing 5 `husbands` in Rajasthan
Kota: A 35-year-old woman was arrested along with her accomplices in neighbouring Baran district for allegedly duping five men into marrying her before fleeing away with their money and valuables, police said on Tuesday.
Kusum alias Pooja was part of a gang of about five-six members who would flee with the money and valuables of the men they had duped, SHO Ganga Sahaya Sharma said.
Kusum along with two of her accomplices -- Ashok and Jugal Kishore -- were arrested yesterday, he added.
During interrogation, Kusum allegedly confessed to have cheated five men into marrying her before running away with their valuables.
The matter came to light yesterday when Ashok and Jugal lodged a complaint with the police alleging that Kusum had been kept captive by her husband Ashok Kumar Meena.
On investigation, it was revealed Meena had paid a sum of Rs 1.50?lakh to Kusum`s `relative` Ashok at the time of marriage and that the gang had duped some others as well using the modus operandi, the SHO said.
A case has been lodged under relevant sections and police is investigating the matter. Efforts are on to arrest the other members of the gang, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter