Woman arrested for robbing 5 `husbands` in Rajasthan
Kota: A 35-year-old woman was arrested along with her accomplices in neighbouring Baran district for allegedly duping five men into marrying her before fleeing away with their money and valuables, police said on Tuesday.
Kusum alias Pooja was part of a gang of about five-six members who would flee with the money and valuables of the men they had duped, SHO Ganga Sahaya Sharma said.
Kusum along with two of her accomplices -- Ashok and Jugal Kishore -- were arrested yesterday, he added.
During interrogation, Kusum allegedly confessed to have cheated five men into marrying her before running away with their valuables.
The matter came to light yesterday when Ashok and Jugal lodged a complaint with the police alleging that Kusum had been kept captive by her husband Ashok Kumar Meena.
On investigation, it was revealed Meena had paid a sum of Rs 1.50?lakh to Kusum`s `relative` Ashok at the time of marriage and that the gang had duped some others as well using the modus operandi, the SHO said.
A case has been lodged under relevant sections and police is investigating the matter. Efforts are on to arrest the other members of the gang, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre