Woman arrested for selling daughter for 6.5 lakh in Jaipur
Jaipur: A woman has been arrested for allegedly selling her eleven-year-old daughter for Rs 6.5 lakh for which she even signed a stamp paper, police said here Saturday.
"Rajrani sold the girl to a man identified as Tarachand and a woman Santara, prima facie for prostitution, for Rs 6.5 lakh. She even struck the deal on a stamp paper," a police official said.
The girl, however, escaped yesterday from where she was being kept by the man in Kanjar Basti and hid under a table of a restaurant. Locals, who noticed her hiding, informed the police.
The accused, including the Rajrani, were arrested yesterday when the girl revealed that she had been sold by her mother, the police said.
Police are investigating into the case, official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters