Woman arrested for selling daughter for 6.5 lakh in Jaipur
Jaipur: A woman has been arrested for allegedly selling her eleven-year-old daughter for Rs 6.5 lakh for which she even signed a stamp paper, police said here Saturday.
"Rajrani sold the girl to a man identified as Tarachand and a woman Santara, prima facie for prostitution, for Rs 6.5 lakh. She even struck the deal on a stamp paper," a police official said.
The girl, however, escaped yesterday from where she was being kept by the man in Kanjar Basti and hid under a table of a restaurant. Locals, who noticed her hiding, informed the police.
The accused, including the Rajrani, were arrested yesterday when the girl revealed that she had been sold by her mother, the police said.
Police are investigating into the case, official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145