Woman employee consumes poison in Raj
Kota: The Rajasthan government has ordered a departmental inquiry after a woman employee of Commercial Tax Department allegedly consumed poison following a verbal spat with a senior colleague, officials said here.
Family members of the 30-year-old woman, who is an assistant commercial tax officer with local CTD here, alleged that she consumed some poison substance on Monday following a verbal spat with local deputy commissioner CTD.
The victim is at present admitted in a hospital in coma, doctors said.
The deputy commissioner CTD has been put under Awaiting Posting Order (APO) category and asked to report to Jaipur office, officials said.
When contacted, the deputy commissioner confirmed that he has been asked to report to Jaipur office. "I have been put under APO and have to report to Jaipur office," he said.
Commercial Tax Commissioner yesterday directed Additional Commissioner, Jaipur, V Sarvan Kumar to initiate a inquiry in the matter, officials said.
The family, however, has not lodged any formal complaint in the matter so far, they said.
Employees of the department yesterday observed a pen down strike to protest the incident and demanded stern action against the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie