Woman gangraped, murdered by chairman of civic body
Jaipur: Close on the heels of alleged rape of a minor by two constables, the chairman of a civic body and the son of a senior BJP leader allegedly killed a woman after outraging her modesty in Sawaimadhopur district, police said on Thursday.
The four accused, including the chairman of Sawaimadhopur Nagar Palika, the son of BJP leader Rampal Jaat and the son of PA to Collector, besides a person named Rajkumar Sahu, were today booked for allegedly raping and poisoning to death the
22-year old woman yesterday, they said.
"When we received information by locals, we took the body in our possession last night and a postmortem was conducted today. Prima facie, she died due to poison," an investigating officer said, adding the woman`s family members were hesitant
to inform police and she died on way to SMS Hospital here.
"Family members of the girl lodged an FIR today against four persons-- Kamlesh Jaliea (local Nagar Palika chairman), Manoj Parashar (the son of PA to Collector), Ballu (BJP leader Rampal Jaat`s son) and Sahu," he said.
Pooranmal, father of the victim, alleged in the FIR that the accused took the girl in a vehicle yesterday from his house on the pretext of some work in Nagarpalika and later they found her in unconscious state in the house of Kamlesh, the officer said.
No one has been arrested in this connection so far and the matter is being investigated.
Jaliea was not available for comments while Rampal Jaat, former BJP state general secretary and currently a working committee member, said the case was politically motivated and his son was not involved in the matter, police said.
A minor girl was allegedly raped by two constables on Monday inside the police station compound in Pratapgarh district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi