Woman gangraped, murdered by chairman of civic body
Jaipur: Close on the heels of alleged rape of a minor by two constables, the chairman of a civic body and the son of a senior BJP leader allegedly killed a woman after outraging her modesty in Sawaimadhopur district, police said on Thursday.
The four accused, including the chairman of Sawaimadhopur Nagar Palika, the son of BJP leader Rampal Jaat and the son of PA to Collector, besides a person named Rajkumar Sahu, were today booked for allegedly raping and poisoning to death the
22-year old woman yesterday, they said.
"When we received information by locals, we took the body in our possession last night and a postmortem was conducted today. Prima facie, she died due to poison," an investigating officer said, adding the woman`s family members were hesitant
to inform police and she died on way to SMS Hospital here.
"Family members of the girl lodged an FIR today against four persons-- Kamlesh Jaliea (local Nagar Palika chairman), Manoj Parashar (the son of PA to Collector), Ballu (BJP leader Rampal Jaat`s son) and Sahu," he said.
Pooranmal, father of the victim, alleged in the FIR that the accused took the girl in a vehicle yesterday from his house on the pretext of some work in Nagarpalika and later they found her in unconscious state in the house of Kamlesh, the officer said.
No one has been arrested in this connection so far and the matter is being investigated.
Jaliea was not available for comments while Rampal Jaat, former BJP state general secretary and currently a working committee member, said the case was politically motivated and his son was not involved in the matter, police said.
A minor girl was allegedly raped by two constables on Monday inside the police station compound in Pratapgarh district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city