Woman IAF officer commits suicide in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A woman officer in the Indian Air Force(IAF) allegedly committed suicide at her official quarters at the air base here, police said Wednesday.
29-year-old Squadron Leader Anandita Das, hailing from Kolkata, was found hanging from the ceiling fan at about 3 a.M by her fighter-pilot husband. Das was a ground duty officer.
Das, a fighter controller, was posted at the Jodhpur Air Force Station and living in the officers` quarters with her husband Squadron Leader V Nair, who flies SU-30 fighters. The couple moved to the IAF base five months ago, IAF sources said.
Defence spokesperson S D Goswami said a Court of Inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
According to police, Das was found hanging from the ceiling fan at her official quarters at about 3 a.M today by her husband who reported the matter to the officials and the police. No suicide note has been found in the house, police said.
Police said the body has been shifted to Mahatma Gandhi Hospital for postmortem.
"The officer said he found his wife hanging from the ceiling fan in her bedroom. Things will only be cleared after the report of postmortem and interrogation of her husband," a police officer said.
According to IAF sources, the couple had some arguments before they retired for the night.
"Police investigation is on and we will extend full cooperation to the police investigation," Goswami said.
Das was commissioned into the service in 2006 and got married to Nair in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow