Woman, minor daughter die after jumping into well
Jaipur: A 35-year-old woman, reportedly depressed over family problems, jumped with her four children into a dry well in Rajasthan`s Sikar district, leading to her and her minor daughter`s death, police said Thursday.
Bhagwati and her daughter Anamik (5) died, while Gangadhar (4) and one-and-half-year old Manisha sustained injuries yesterday, police said.
Locals pulled them out and rushed to a nearby district hospital, where Bhagwati and Anamik were declared brought dead, they said.
Gangadhar and Manisha are being treated, they said, adding, the bodies have been handed over to family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam