Woman RAS officer arrested for taking bribe
Jaipur: A woman Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) officer has been arrested for taking a bribe for issuing work order for providing computer operators in Regional Transport Office.
The officer, who was posted with RTO till November 7, had demanded the bribe from a contractor, Lalit Kumar Sharma who provides computer operators to the RTO.
"She had been demanding the bribe for the last several days. After verification, a trap was laid and she was caught while accepting bribe amount of Rs 23,000 at her official residence last night," a senior Anti-Corruption Bureau office said today.
She was recently transferred as deputy chief protocol officer to the state secretariat and was relieved from the RTO.
However, she continued demanding the bribe from the contractor, who provides manpower to the RTO, he said.
Jain is the RAS officer of 1998-batch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- PM Narendra Modi assures round the clock assistance to flood-hit Varanasi
- How Ola, Uber allowed to run on tourist permit? HC asks govt
- Shiv Sena taunts PM Narendra Modi over arrest of Baloch leaders