Woman set ablaze for resisting rape bid in Rajasthan
Bikaner: A married woman was allegedly set ablaze in Hanumangarh district when she resisted rape attempt by a youth.
The woman, 23, was taken to a hospital in Bikaner where she succumbed to burn injuries on Saturday, police said.
She was sleeping when neighbour Jeetu sneaked into her room last night and attempted rape on her, police said.
Jeetu, who was later arrested, set the woman ablaze by pouring kerosene when she resisted and raised an alarm.
Her husband, who reached after hearing the screams, also sustained injuries while trying to douse the flames, police said.
The two were taken to a hospital where the woman succumbed to injuries after recording her statement, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sailors rush for tattoos as US Navy bends rules to recruit
- Conduct forensic test on Narada sting tapes, orders Calcutta HC
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi acquitted in Radhakrishnan assault case
- 'Russian Doll' galaxy cluster decodes information about dark energy