Woman set ablaze for resisting rape bid in Rajasthan
Bikaner: A married woman was allegedly set ablaze in Hanumangarh district when she resisted rape attempt by a youth.
The woman, 23, was taken to a hospital in Bikaner where she succumbed to burn injuries on Saturday, police said.
She was sleeping when neighbour Jeetu sneaked into her room last night and attempted rape on her, police said.
Jeetu, who was later arrested, set the woman ablaze by pouring kerosene when she resisted and raised an alarm.
Her husband, who reached after hearing the screams, also sustained injuries while trying to douse the flames, police said.
The two were taken to a hospital where the woman succumbed to injuries after recording her statement, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'