Woman set ablaze for resisting rape bid in Rajasthan
Bikaner: A married woman was allegedly set ablaze in Hanumangarh district when she resisted rape attempt by a youth.
The woman, 23, was taken to a hospital in Bikaner where she succumbed to burn injuries on Saturday, police said.
She was sleeping when neighbour Jeetu sneaked into her room last night and attempted rape on her, police said.
Jeetu, who was later arrested, set the woman ablaze by pouring kerosene when she resisted and raised an alarm.
Her husband, who reached after hearing the screams, also sustained injuries while trying to douse the flames, police said.
The two were taken to a hospital where the woman succumbed to injuries after recording her statement, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore