Woman strangled to death over dowry, body burnt in Kota
Kota: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly strangled to death and her body burnt by in-laws over a dowry in Jhawalar district, about 70-kms from here, police said on Saturday.
Rahina, 26, was strangled to death and in an effort to prove it a case of suicide, the in-laws set her body on fire last evening, Station House Officer Bhawani Mandi Gopichand Meena said.
On the complaint by Rahina`s father, a case under section 302 of IPC (murder) was registered against her husband Salim Khan, father-in-law Shafi Mohammad, brother-in-law Anis and mother-in-law Jubida Bi, the police officer said.
The body has been handed over to her parents after post mortem, he said adding, no one was yet arrested in the matter.
According to autopsy report the woman was strangled to death, medical officer at the Community Health Centre Dr RC Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read