Woman strangled to death over dowry, body burnt in Kota
Kota: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly strangled to death and her body burnt by in-laws over a dowry in Jhawalar district, about 70-kms from here, police said on Saturday.
Rahina, 26, was strangled to death and in an effort to prove it a case of suicide, the in-laws set her body on fire last evening, Station House Officer Bhawani Mandi Gopichand Meena said.
On the complaint by Rahina`s father, a case under section 302 of IPC (murder) was registered against her husband Salim Khan, father-in-law Shafi Mohammad, brother-in-law Anis and mother-in-law Jubida Bi, the police officer said.
The body has been handed over to her parents after post mortem, he said adding, no one was yet arrested in the matter.
According to autopsy report the woman was strangled to death, medical officer at the Community Health Centre Dr RC Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...