Woman strangled to death over dowry, body burnt in Kota
Kota: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly strangled to death and her body burnt by in-laws over a dowry in Jhawalar district, about 70-kms from here, police said on Saturday.
Rahina, 26, was strangled to death and in an effort to prove it a case of suicide, the in-laws set her body on fire last evening, Station House Officer Bhawani Mandi Gopichand Meena said.
On the complaint by Rahina`s father, a case under section 302 of IPC (murder) was registered against her husband Salim Khan, father-in-law Shafi Mohammad, brother-in-law Anis and mother-in-law Jubida Bi, the police officer said.
The body has been handed over to her parents after post mortem, he said adding, no one was yet arrested in the matter.
According to autopsy report the woman was strangled to death, medical officer at the Community Health Centre Dr RC Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state