Woman student commits suicide in Jaipur hotel
Jaipur: A 21-year-old woman hailing from Ajmer allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in a city hotel on Thursday.
Priti, an undergraduate student, had left her house two days back without informing anyone and came to the hotel on Wednesday, Investigating Officer of the case Satpal Singh said.
She checked in a hotel in Sadar area and allegedly consumed poison, he added.
However, she later informed a hotel staffer of the step and was rushed to SMS Government Hospital where she died during treatment, Singh said.
A suicide note was recovered from her hotel room which stated that she was taking the extreme step on her own wish, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India