Woman threatens dharna to demand justice for daughter
Jaipur: A woman has threatened to sit on dharna outside Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s residence to demand justice for her daughter who lost vision in one eye after allegedly being beaten up by a school teacher.
"My daughter Piya was beaten up by school teacher on July 3, 2010 in which she lost her vision in one eye. Since then she is hospitalised in Delhi and unable to continue her studies," Sonu Chaudhary told reporters here.
She said if no action was taken against the school by July 3, she would start her dharna.
"Two years passed but no action was taken against the school. If the government does not take any action against the school, which is run by a local politician, by July 3, I will begin my dharna," she said.
The government did not show any interest in the case except a financial relief of Rs 25,000, Chaudhary, wife of a Army hawaldar, said.
School authorities could not be contacted for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?