Woman threatens dharna to demand justice for daughter
Jaipur: A woman has threatened to sit on dharna outside Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s residence to demand justice for her daughter who lost vision in one eye after allegedly being beaten up by a school teacher.
"My daughter Piya was beaten up by school teacher on July 3, 2010 in which she lost her vision in one eye. Since then she is hospitalised in Delhi and unable to continue her studies," Sonu Chaudhary told reporters here.
She said if no action was taken against the school by July 3, she would start her dharna.
"Two years passed but no action was taken against the school. If the government does not take any action against the school, which is run by a local politician, by July 3, I will begin my dharna," she said.
The government did not show any interest in the case except a financial relief of Rs 25,000, Chaudhary, wife of a Army hawaldar, said.
School authorities could not be contacted for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof