Woman threatens dharna to demand justice for daughter
Jaipur: A woman has threatened to sit on dharna outside Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s residence to demand justice for her daughter who lost vision in one eye after allegedly being beaten up by a school teacher.
"My daughter Piya was beaten up by school teacher on July 3, 2010 in which she lost her vision in one eye. Since then she is hospitalised in Delhi and unable to continue her studies," Sonu Chaudhary told reporters here.
She said if no action was taken against the school by July 3, she would start her dharna.
"Two years passed but no action was taken against the school. If the government does not take any action against the school, which is run by a local politician, by July 3, I will begin my dharna," she said.
The government did not show any interest in the case except a financial relief of Rs 25,000, Chaudhary, wife of a Army hawaldar, said.
School authorities could not be contacted for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon