Woman`s body found in box in Jaipur
Jaipur: Body of a woman, whose face was apparently disfigured with acid, was on Monday found in an unclaimed box in Guwahati-Bikaner train at a junction in Bikaner district, GRP sources said.
On complaint of foul smell emanating from the train which reached Lalgarh junction at 5:40 AM, GRP reached the spot and found a locked box, SHO, GRP, Subhash Bishnoi said.
"The box was broken open on the platform and it was found to be containing the dead body. Prima facie, the death seems to have occurred two days ago," Bishnoi said.
He said apparently acid was thrown on her face to destroy her identity. The woman was wearing orange colour salwar and cream colour top.
There was no injury mark on the body and the cause of the death would be clear only after postmortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video