Woman`s body found in box in Jaipur
Jaipur: Body of a woman, whose face was apparently disfigured with acid, was on Monday found in an unclaimed box in Guwahati-Bikaner train at a junction in Bikaner district, GRP sources said.
On complaint of foul smell emanating from the train which reached Lalgarh junction at 5:40 AM, GRP reached the spot and found a locked box, SHO, GRP, Subhash Bishnoi said.
"The box was broken open on the platform and it was found to be containing the dead body. Prima facie, the death seems to have occurred two days ago," Bishnoi said.
He said apparently acid was thrown on her face to destroy her identity. The woman was wearing orange colour salwar and cream colour top.
There was no injury mark on the body and the cause of the death would be clear only after postmortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?