Woman`s body found in train in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The body of a young woman was found stuffed in an unattended box in a train compartment at a railway station in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district Monday, police said.
A police officer told IANS that the victim seems to be about 25 years old and had burn injuries on her face.
The body was spotted at Lalgarh junction in the district, 500 km from Jaipur.
"Some passengers in the Awadh-Assam Express complained of a foul smell from a coach at Lalgarh. The smell was coming from a big iron box, which was locked. It was lying unattended in a coach. When they inquired about the owner, nobody claimed it. They reported the matter to the government railway police (GRP)," said the officer.
Police opened the box and found the body inside, he added.
"The face was disfigured to hide the identify of the victim. We suspect some acid was used. We have launched an investigation where the box was put on the train," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?