Woman`s body found in train in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The body of a young woman was found stuffed in an unattended box in a train compartment at a railway station in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district Monday, police said.
A police officer told IANS that the victim seems to be about 25 years old and had burn injuries on her face.
The body was spotted at Lalgarh junction in the district, 500 km from Jaipur.
"Some passengers in the Awadh-Assam Express complained of a foul smell from a coach at Lalgarh. The smell was coming from a big iron box, which was locked. It was lying unattended in a coach. When they inquired about the owner, nobody claimed it. They reported the matter to the government railway police (GRP)," said the officer.
Police opened the box and found the body inside, he added.
"The face was disfigured to hide the identify of the victim. We suspect some acid was used. We have launched an investigation where the box was put on the train," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes