Woman`s ex-hubby held under Cyber crime charges
Phagwara: A woman`s ex-husband was arrested on charges of creating her fake ID on Facebook, using offensive language on the social networking site for defaming her and for impersonation, criminal intimidation and defamation.
Police today said that the accused Hemant Chowdhary was arrested on Monday under Sections 66-A (sending offensive or false messages through communication service), 66-D (cheating by impersonation by using computer resource) of IT Act and Sections 500 (punishment for defamation) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC.
Chowdhary was arrested after his ex-wife complained to the police and a case was registered by the Cyber Crime Cell. Local DSP Ashwani Kumar also helped with the investigations.
Since the offence was bailable, Chowdhary was later released on bail, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore