Woman`s leg cut off to steal anklets in Rajasthan
Jaipur: In a bizarre incident, unidentified robbers chopped off the legs of a 50-year-old woman to rob her of her silver anklets in a village near Jaipur, police said on Wednesday.
The body was found Wednesday with the legs missing. Police suspect the robbers took away the legs after committing the ghastly murder. `
A police officer said the incident occurred in Shankarpura village near Phagi, some 35 km from Jaipur.
"The woman, Rukmani Devi, had gone to graze cattle in the forest area and went missing Tuesday evening. Passers-by spotted the legless body today (Wednesday)," said the officer.
"The family members told us that the woman wore silver anklets. Some gangs who murder elderly women for silver anklets are under the police scanner," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet