Woman`s leg cut off to steal anklets in Rajasthan
Jaipur: In a bizarre incident, unidentified robbers chopped off the legs of a 50-year-old woman to rob her of her silver anklets in a village near Jaipur, police said on Wednesday.
The body was found Wednesday with the legs missing. Police suspect the robbers took away the legs after committing the ghastly murder. `
A police officer said the incident occurred in Shankarpura village near Phagi, some 35 km from Jaipur.
"The woman, Rukmani Devi, had gone to graze cattle in the forest area and went missing Tuesday evening. Passers-by spotted the legless body today (Wednesday)," said the officer.
"The family members told us that the woman wore silver anklets. Some gangs who murder elderly women for silver anklets are under the police scanner," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends