Women`s protest demanding regular water supply turns violent
Jaipur: A demonstration by a group of women
demanding regular water supply before the collectorate office
in Kota city today turned violent as police resorted to
lathicharge when they tried to forcefully enter the building.
"At least two women and some cops were injured when
police used mild lathicharge to control the situation,"
Station Head Officer Nayapura Dharmendra said.
The women were demanding regular water supply and as a
symbolic protest they broke a few earthen pots outside the
office. They then tried to enter the office premises forcibly
and pelted stones at police, he said.
"The police resorted to mild lathicharge to control the
situation in which two women sustained injuries. The injured
were admitted to hospital and their condition was stated to be
out of danger," the officer said.
"Ten persons have been arrested for disturbing peace,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news