Yet another slip up by Narendra Modi
Dudu: In yet another slip up, BJP leader Narendra Modi has mispronounced the first name of the Mahatma calling him Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi instead of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
"Towards the end of his life, Mahatma Gandhi had a wish which was not fulfilled. Would you fulfil that wish? Would you fulfil Gandhi`s wish? Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi..." he said addressing a rally here yesterday.
The slip up of the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate comes days after his goof up between Jan Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mookerji and revolutionary Shyamaji Krishna Verma.
"Shyama Prasad Mookerjee was a revolutionist. He died in 1930. His last wish was that his ashes be brought to India after independence. The Congress governments didn`t get them back.
"It was I who got the ashes back to India in 2003," Modi had said in Kheda recently while confusing Shyama Prasad Mookerjee with Shyamaji Krishna Verma. He had apologised for the error after it was brought to his notice, and clarified that he meant Shyamaji Krishna Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH