Yet another slip up by Narendra Modi
Dudu: In yet another slip up, BJP leader Narendra Modi has mispronounced the first name of the Mahatma calling him Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi instead of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
"Towards the end of his life, Mahatma Gandhi had a wish which was not fulfilled. Would you fulfil that wish? Would you fulfil Gandhi`s wish? Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi..." he said addressing a rally here yesterday.
The slip up of the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate comes days after his goof up between Jan Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mookerji and revolutionary Shyamaji Krishna Verma.
"Shyama Prasad Mookerjee was a revolutionist. He died in 1930. His last wish was that his ashes be brought to India after independence. The Congress governments didn`t get them back.
"It was I who got the ashes back to India in 2003," Modi had said in Kheda recently while confusing Shyama Prasad Mookerjee with Shyamaji Krishna Verma. He had apologised for the error after it was brought to his notice, and clarified that he meant Shyamaji Krishna Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'