Yet another slip up by Narendra Modi
Dudu: In yet another slip up, BJP leader Narendra Modi has mispronounced the first name of the Mahatma calling him Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi instead of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
"Towards the end of his life, Mahatma Gandhi had a wish which was not fulfilled. Would you fulfil that wish? Would you fulfil Gandhi`s wish? Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi..." he said addressing a rally here yesterday.
The slip up of the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate comes days after his goof up between Jan Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mookerji and revolutionary Shyamaji Krishna Verma.
"Shyama Prasad Mookerjee was a revolutionist. He died in 1930. His last wish was that his ashes be brought to India after independence. The Congress governments didn`t get them back.
"It was I who got the ashes back to India in 2003," Modi had said in Kheda recently while confusing Shyama Prasad Mookerjee with Shyamaji Krishna Verma. He had apologised for the error after it was brought to his notice, and clarified that he meant Shyamaji Krishna Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire