Yet another slip up by Narendra Modi
Dudu: In yet another slip up, BJP leader Narendra Modi has mispronounced the first name of the Mahatma calling him Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi instead of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
"Towards the end of his life, Mahatma Gandhi had a wish which was not fulfilled. Would you fulfil that wish? Would you fulfil Gandhi`s wish? Mohanlal Karamchand Gandhi..." he said addressing a rally here yesterday.
The slip up of the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate comes days after his goof up between Jan Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mookerji and revolutionary Shyamaji Krishna Verma.
"Shyama Prasad Mookerjee was a revolutionist. He died in 1930. His last wish was that his ashes be brought to India after independence. The Congress governments didn`t get them back.
"It was I who got the ashes back to India in 2003," Modi had said in Kheda recently while confusing Shyama Prasad Mookerjee with Shyamaji Krishna Verma. He had apologised for the error after it was brought to his notice, and clarified that he meant Shyamaji Krishna Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why
- Naming of new RBI chief shows Modi government regains composure after Rajan shock
- JNU PhD student drugged, raped by AISA activist in hostel room? Know details of complaint