Youth electrocuted in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: A 24-year-old youth was electrocuted when he came in contact with live wire at Kanod village, 40 km from Jaisalmer, prompting protests by locals, police said Monday.
Abhesh Singh was killed yesterday night when he came in contact with the wire lying on the roadside, they said.
Following his death, scores of villagers held a protest outside the Discom office demanding compensation and action against those responsible for leaving the live wire on the road last night, police said.
In a separate incident, a 25-year-old man named Parasnath was killed and four others injured when two bikes collided head on at Lanva-Dedia village near here last night, police said today.
The injured have been referred to Pokhran from where they have been shifted to Jodhpur`s government hospital in critical condition, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users