Youth electrocuted in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: A 24-year-old youth was electrocuted when he came in contact with live wire at Kanod village, 40 km from Jaisalmer, prompting protests by locals, police said Monday.
Abhesh Singh was killed yesterday night when he came in contact with the wire lying on the roadside, they said.
Following his death, scores of villagers held a protest outside the Discom office demanding compensation and action against those responsible for leaving the live wire on the road last night, police said.
In a separate incident, a 25-year-old man named Parasnath was killed and four others injured when two bikes collided head on at Lanva-Dedia village near here last night, police said today.
The injured have been referred to Pokhran from where they have been shifted to Jodhpur`s government hospital in critical condition, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'