Youth in Congress debate party strategies
Jaipur: Over 130 Youth Congress and NSUI leaders at the Congress` strategy session here Friday discussed ways to improve the party, Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
Around 350 delegates - including over 130 from the Youth Congress and the National Students Union of India (NSUI) - debated issues like political and socio-economic challenges, foreign affairs, women`s empowerment and organisational strength.
"Discussions continued for two-and-a-half hours. The debate was better than we expected. Youngsters participated with enthusiasm and shared their views. We got a feeling they had more to say. The debate will continue tomorrow," Dwivedi said.
The discussions will continue till Jan 19 and the gist of the debates will be refined by the Congress Working Committee, which will meet Saturday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt