Youth jumps from mobile tower, critically injured
Jaipur: Nearly a month after a youth
protesting against police inaction jumped to death from an overhead water tank in Sawaimadhopur district of Rajasthan,
another boy allegedly tried to commit suicide in the same way
by jumping from a mobile tower in the same district.
20-year-old Bhangwan Singh Rajput allegedly climbed
the tower in Bonli area in an inebriated condition and set
himself ablaze before plunging down late last night, police
said today, adding that domestic problems had caused him to
take the step.
However, he survived with 90 per cent burn injuries
and is hospitalised at Jaipur`s Sawai Man Singh government
hospital in a critical condition, they said.
Tension prevailed in Sawaimadhopur district in March
after a youth jumped from a water tank protesting alleged
police inaction in arresting the killers of an elderly woman.
In another case, a school watchman threatened to
commit suicide by jumping from the roof of a four-storey
school building in Jhunjhunu district last night, police said.
"Jagdish Prasad alleged that he was under intense
pressure of long duty hours and the school principal was not
changing his shift so he decided to commit suicide.
However, he stepped down after the request by his wife
and daughter," they added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Windows 10 gets new Facebook, Messenger apps
- Digvijay Singh's youngest daughter succumbs to cancer
- World Bank is looking ways to use Aadhar experience'
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened