Youth should be empowered by skill development: Vasundhara Raje
New Delhi: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has directed officials to provide skill training to youths in a more effective manner.
Raje, who started reviewing the work plan for the next 60 days and the coming 5 years of various departments, said: "youth of today keep expectations to become competent and empowered and fulfilling these expectations of the youth will be our top priority."
On Thursday, the Labour and Employment Department, Rajasthan Skill and Livelihood Development Corporation (RSLDC) and Technical Education (Training Wing) Jodhpur and Public Works Department (PWD) presented their current and future plans at chief minister`s office.
During the meeting, the Chief Minister also asked RSLDC to empower youth to get better opportunities of employment by providing them training.
It is noteworthy that the state government has announced to provide employment opportunities to 15 lakh youths in the next five years.
Raje further said better coordination will be established among the various agencies working for employment generation and skill development.
She said instead of many schemes a system should be adopted so that expected action could be ascertained and there is not any kind of duplication.
She emphasized that the benefit of the schemes should reach to the people. Labour and Employment department should work as a facilitator to provide opportunities of skill development and employment to unemployed youth , she said.
Raje further said for employment generation and skill development work should be taken up on Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode. She also sought information about the women`s polytechnic education.
Former Chief Secretary of Rajasthan ML Mehta and renowned expert in employment and skill training Manish Sabarwal propounded the need for working with new thinking for the employment and skill improvement.
Rajasthan Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi, Additional Chief Secretary Labour and Employment Rajhans Upadhyay, Principal Secretary Labour and Employment Giriraj Singh, Secretary Labour and Employment Rajat Mishra, Secretary to CM Tanmay Kumar, Secretary Planning and IT Akhil Arora, MD RSLDC Rajesh Yadav and Commissioner Labour Alok Gupta were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter