Youth should be empowered by skill development: Vasundhara Raje
New Delhi: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has directed officials to provide skill training to youths in a more effective manner.
Raje, who started reviewing the work plan for the next 60 days and the coming 5 years of various departments, said: "youth of today keep expectations to become competent and empowered and fulfilling these expectations of the youth will be our top priority."
On Thursday, the Labour and Employment Department, Rajasthan Skill and Livelihood Development Corporation (RSLDC) and Technical Education (Training Wing) Jodhpur and Public Works Department (PWD) presented their current and future plans at chief minister`s office.
During the meeting, the Chief Minister also asked RSLDC to empower youth to get better opportunities of employment by providing them training.
It is noteworthy that the state government has announced to provide employment opportunities to 15 lakh youths in the next five years.
Raje further said better coordination will be established among the various agencies working for employment generation and skill development.
She said instead of many schemes a system should be adopted so that expected action could be ascertained and there is not any kind of duplication.
She emphasized that the benefit of the schemes should reach to the people. Labour and Employment department should work as a facilitator to provide opportunities of skill development and employment to unemployed youth , she said.
Raje further said for employment generation and skill development work should be taken up on Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode. She also sought information about the women`s polytechnic education.
Former Chief Secretary of Rajasthan ML Mehta and renowned expert in employment and skill training Manish Sabarwal propounded the need for working with new thinking for the employment and skill improvement.
Rajasthan Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi, Additional Chief Secretary Labour and Employment Rajhans Upadhyay, Principal Secretary Labour and Employment Giriraj Singh, Secretary Labour and Employment Rajat Mishra, Secretary to CM Tanmay Kumar, Secretary Planning and IT Akhil Arora, MD RSLDC Rajesh Yadav and Commissioner Labour Alok Gupta were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed