Youth should be empowered by skill development: Vasundhara Raje
New Delhi: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has directed officials to provide skill training to youths in a more effective manner.
Raje, who started reviewing the work plan for the next 60 days and the coming 5 years of various departments, said: "youth of today keep expectations to become competent and empowered and fulfilling these expectations of the youth will be our top priority."
On Thursday, the Labour and Employment Department, Rajasthan Skill and Livelihood Development Corporation (RSLDC) and Technical Education (Training Wing) Jodhpur and Public Works Department (PWD) presented their current and future plans at chief minister`s office.
During the meeting, the Chief Minister also asked RSLDC to empower youth to get better opportunities of employment by providing them training.
It is noteworthy that the state government has announced to provide employment opportunities to 15 lakh youths in the next five years.
Raje further said better coordination will be established among the various agencies working for employment generation and skill development.
She said instead of many schemes a system should be adopted so that expected action could be ascertained and there is not any kind of duplication.
She emphasized that the benefit of the schemes should reach to the people. Labour and Employment department should work as a facilitator to provide opportunities of skill development and employment to unemployed youth , she said.
Raje further said for employment generation and skill development work should be taken up on Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode. She also sought information about the women`s polytechnic education.
Former Chief Secretary of Rajasthan ML Mehta and renowned expert in employment and skill training Manish Sabarwal propounded the need for working with new thinking for the employment and skill improvement.
Rajasthan Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi, Additional Chief Secretary Labour and Employment Rajhans Upadhyay, Principal Secretary Labour and Employment Giriraj Singh, Secretary Labour and Employment Rajat Mishra, Secretary to CM Tanmay Kumar, Secretary Planning and IT Akhil Arora, MD RSLDC Rajesh Yadav and Commissioner Labour Alok Gupta were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'