Amrita Sher-Gil's 103rd birthday: Google Doodle pays tribute to famous painter by 'Three Girls'
New Delhi: As a tribute to Amrita Sher-Gil on her 103rd birthday, search giant Google has designed 'Three Girls' painting doodle of the renowned artist.
Amrita Sher-Gil was born in Budapest, Hungary, on 30th January, 1913 to a Punjabi Sikh father and a Hungarian Jewish mother.
"Today's Doodle honors the "Indian Frida Kahlo," who left no holds barred in her work, or in her life. Her paintings speak volumes of her passionate lifestyle and relentless desire to express herself through her canvasses," the statement added," a statement on Google Doodle's official website mentioned.
"The inspiration for this Doodle, by Jennifer Hom, is Sher-Gil's painting "Three Girls", available to view on the Google Cultural Institute," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!