Amrita Sher-Gil's 103rd birthday: Google Doodle pays tribute to famous painter by 'Three Girls'
New Delhi: As a tribute to Amrita Sher-Gil on her 103rd birthday, search giant Google has designed 'Three Girls' painting doodle of the renowned artist.
Amrita Sher-Gil was born in Budapest, Hungary, on 30th January, 1913 to a Punjabi Sikh father and a Hungarian Jewish mother.
"Today's Doodle honors the "Indian Frida Kahlo," who left no holds barred in her work, or in her life. Her paintings speak volumes of her passionate lifestyle and relentless desire to express herself through her canvasses," the statement added," a statement on Google Doodle's official website mentioned.
"The inspiration for this Doodle, by Jennifer Hom, is Sher-Gil's painting "Three Girls", available to view on the Google Cultural Institute," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Mathura clash: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- Kerala: BJP resolution urges to probe corruption charges against UDF
- Brexit consequences: India well prepared to deal with it, says FM Jaitley
- Two Delhi minor girls raped in Uttarakhand
- Does Deepika Padukone's red hot avatar at IIFA 2016 remind you of Angelina Jolie at Oscars? See inside