Amrita Sher-Gil's 103rd birthday: Google Doodle pays tribute to famous painter by 'Three Girls'
New Delhi: As a tribute to Amrita Sher-Gil on her 103rd birthday, search giant Google has designed 'Three Girls' painting doodle of the renowned artist.
Amrita Sher-Gil was born in Budapest, Hungary, on 30th January, 1913 to a Punjabi Sikh father and a Hungarian Jewish mother.
"Today's Doodle honors the "Indian Frida Kahlo," who left no holds barred in her work, or in her life. Her paintings speak volumes of her passionate lifestyle and relentless desire to express herself through her canvasses," the statement added," a statement on Google Doodle's official website mentioned.
"The inspiration for this Doodle, by Jennifer Hom, is Sher-Gil's painting "Three Girls", available to view on the Google Cultural Institute," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad