Dot Bharat domain name in Devanagari to be unveiled today
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Soon individuals who are interested in owning a website with domain name in Hindi will be able to book the name in Devanagari script.
The Union Minister for Communication & Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad, is all set to launch the Bharat Domain name in Devanagari script on Wednesday.
The name would have `.Bharat` in Hindi script as its extension instead of common top-level domains such as .Com, .Net or .In. The users will be able to register domain names in languages that use the Bodo, Dogri, Konkani, Maithili, Marathi, Nepali and Sindhi.
The government is of the view that websites in Hindi will give a much-needed push to the creation of website content in local languages as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'