Facebook suffers outage for 15 minutes
Washington: If you could not log on to your Facebook account Wednesday afternoon, it was because the popular social networking site suffered an outage for about 15 minutes that affected users around the world.
The outage was due to "an error while making an infrastructure configuration change", Facebook later said in a statement.
"We immediately discovered the issue and fixed it, and everyone should now be able to connect," a Facebook spokesperson was quoted as saying.
"We first noticed the outage at 3:39PM EST (Eastern Standard Time), with staff from North America to Europe confirming the issue," The Next Web reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened