Facebook suffers outage for 15 minutes
Washington: If you could not log on to your Facebook account Wednesday afternoon, it was because the popular social networking site suffered an outage for about 15 minutes that affected users around the world.
The outage was due to "an error while making an infrastructure configuration change", Facebook later said in a statement.
"We immediately discovered the issue and fixed it, and everyone should now be able to connect," a Facebook spokesperson was quoted as saying.
"We first noticed the outage at 3:39PM EST (Eastern Standard Time), with staff from North America to Europe confirming the issue," The Next Web reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll