Facebook suffers outage for 15 minutes
Washington: If you could not log on to your Facebook account Wednesday afternoon, it was because the popular social networking site suffered an outage for about 15 minutes that affected users around the world.
The outage was due to "an error while making an infrastructure configuration change", Facebook later said in a statement.
"We immediately discovered the issue and fixed it, and everyone should now be able to connect," a Facebook spokesperson was quoted as saying.
"We first noticed the outage at 3:39PM EST (Eastern Standard Time), with staff from North America to Europe confirming the issue," The Next Web reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply