Facebook suffers outage for 15 minutes
Washington: If you could not log on to your Facebook account Wednesday afternoon, it was because the popular social networking site suffered an outage for about 15 minutes that affected users around the world.
The outage was due to "an error while making an infrastructure configuration change", Facebook later said in a statement.
"We immediately discovered the issue and fixed it, and everyone should now be able to connect," a Facebook spokesperson was quoted as saying.
"We first noticed the outage at 3:39PM EST (Eastern Standard Time), with staff from North America to Europe confirming the issue," The Next Web reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan