Washington: Experts have suggested some tips for users who are addicted to their smartphones and are unaware about the activities that go around them.
Dr. Catherine Steiner-Adair, a clinical psychologist said that many people have the urge to compulsively check their phones time-to-time, as each notification, like and comment was a stimulant that acts as a pleasure hit to the brain, and creates an instant sense of excitement, CNN reported
Experts explained that phone checking was contagious, as if one person picks up their device, and then everyone else in the room takes it as a cue to check theirs.
Experts mentioned some tips to get rid of the addictive behavior of using smartphone:
1. To set aside specific times for smartphones, like 15 minutes after dinner.
2. To create screen-free zones in the home, where nobody should be allowed to check their smartphones or tablets.
3. Replace the phone time with the time for children.
4. Make a list of things to accomplish and keep that piece of paper closely, so that the urge to check the screen vanishes.
5. To write down the experience that needed to be shared online.
6. Turn off the notifications and switch on the filters to make any necessary exemptions.
7. To set timers, and turn off access to distracting apps during certain hours.
8. Download an app like 'Moment' that will indicate the no. of times user picks up the device and will motivate to put it away.
9. Learn to be bored and uncomfortable.