1 in 3 don`t like Facebook friends enough to spend time with in reality
London: A new survey has revealed that one in three people do not like their Facebook friends enough to spend time with them in real time, and would willingly spend time with only 10 percent of their virtual friends.
According to the survey, people who admit not liking their Facebook friends enough will not delete them from their lists either because they are too scared to miss out on gossip.
The respondents revealed that they remained connected to their `not-so-liked` virtual friends only to see their photos, or in case they needed to contact them or because they were related, metro.co.uk reports.
George Charles, Marketing Director of VoucherCodesPro, which conducted the survey said that the old saying about keeping friends close, but enemies even closer, is definitely alive and well even in today`s society with people`s reliance on the internet.
One in four respondents felt intimidated by the prospect of having to cut a relationship online and around a fifth of the people admitted they used Facebook to ` snoop-on` kids and other family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown