$1 million prize for `safe` capture of Bigfoot
New York: Million dollar Bigfoot! A beer maker in Washington state has offered a USD 1 million reward to anyone who can capture a live Bigfoot.
Bigfoot or Sasquatch is a legendary ape-like creature believed to inhabit forests of the Pacific Northwest region of North America.
Evan and Daren Metropoulos, owners of the company, have offered to pay USD 25,000 a year for the next four decades to the person who can capture a live Bigfoot, `New York Daily News` reported.
"We have been sharing the same backyard for over a century and we believe it`s time to do what has never been done, and that is to offer a one million dollar reward to anyone who can ensure the safe capture of Bigfoot," the company Pabst Brewing Company and Olympia Beer said on its website.
The contestants must produce `irrefutable evidence` of the creature`s existence, even if the creature isn`t captured. Evidence may include hair, blood, tissue or saliva.
"DNA Evidence may include hair, blood, tissue or saliva that proves the DNA sequence of the donor shows that said donor resides in the primate evolutionary family tree, among other apes or hominids, but does not have the same genetic markers and DNA sequence as any known species," according to the company.
The brewers insist that the Sasquatch be treated humanely.
"When we say safe capture that means Bigfoot has to be alive and breathing folks, with no wounds," the website said.
"That`s right you can`t use any act of violence, no guns/knives/boxing gloves/nets/etc, only sugar or sweets to lure him in," it said.
Bigfoot is described as a large hairy ape-like creature, 2-3 metres tall, weighing more than 230 kg, and covered in dark brown or dark reddish hair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'