100 cameras to spy on Berlin for 100 years!
London: What if you are told that your grandchildren would retrieve a hidden camera 100 years from now - May 16, 2114 to be precise - to witness municipal changes in your city!
This is what a conceptual artist and "experimental philosopher" Jonathan Keats has done in Berlin.
It is part of the century camera project - an "unauthorised surveillance" system consisting of 100 ultra long exposure photographic devices deployed in and around Berlin that Keats plans to distribute next week May 16 to anyone who wants to participate.
Volunteers are then responsible for finding a place to secure their camera and to provide retrieval instructions to their kids and grandkids.
In place of film, the century camera uses a special black paper surface to record images very slowly.
Working with Berlin`s Team Titanic art gallery, Keats says he hopes the project will expand to include more cameras, more participants and more cities.
"I`m already having conversations with people in places ranging from Los Angeles to Mexico City," Keats was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Kerry warns North Korea of `real consequences` for weapons programme
- Chinese army bans Hong Kong`s Pokemon players from barracks
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx spacecraft to map surface of asteroid 'Bennu' – Watch video!
- Swanky new Deen Dayal coaches for unreserved Rail passengers –Check out pics
- Five youth killed as car overturns on Pune-Mumbai Expressway