10,000 year old house uncovered near Jerusalem
Melbourne: An archaeological excavation near Jerusalem has uncovered a 10,000 year old house showing "evidence of man`s transition to permanent dwellings."
According to the Times of Israel, the Israel Antiquities Authority, together with the Netivei Israel Company found the house and a 6000 year old cultic temple ahead of a planned road expansion, News.com.au reported.
The archaeologist`s have labeled the site as "a fascinating glimpse into thousands of years of human development."
The authority said in a statement that settlement remains were unearthed at the site, the earliest of which dates to the beginning of the eighth millennium BCE (Before Common Era) and latest to the end of the fourth millennium BCE.
Amir Golani, one of the excavators for the Antiquities Authority, said that the excavation has revealed that in the Early Bronze Age, 5000 years ago, a rural society made the transition to an urban society.
The researchers distinctly saw a settlement that gradually became planned, which included streets and buildings that were extremely impressive from the standpoint of their size and the manner of their construction.
Golani said that they can clearly trace the urban planning and see the guiding hand of the settlement`s leadership that chose to regulate the construction in the crowded regions in the center of the settlement and allowed less planning along its periphery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference