34 foreign scientists in Jaisalmer to study Dinosaurs` fossils
Jaisalmer: A team of 34 foreign scientists from a number of countries including France and Germany have arrived here to study fossils of Dinosaurs found in sandy desert areas recently.
Scientists from Denmark, France, Germany, Polland, Russia and England will study the origin and early evolution of Dinosaurs, the sources said.
D K Pandey, a noted geologist and under-ground water scientist Dr N D Inkhia will also join the foreign team and assist them, the sources added.
Dinosaurs` evolution, extinction, and paleo-bio- genography would be a center of their research related to fossils, they said.
Depleting water table and extinction of river Sarswati in the area would also be their concern.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB