3D printed object created using brain waves
Washington: A technology company from Chile has claimed to print world`s first physical object using the power of the mind.
According to technology blog neurogadget.com , George Lakowsky, the CTO for Thinker Thing, a self-described "creative group" managed to successfully create an object using a brain-computer interface headset.
Lakowsky used the interface to form a 3-D shape using his thoughts that were then sent to a 3-D printer for fabrication of the object- a cluster of polygons which resembled a toy robot`s arm, Fox News reported.
Thinker Things founder Bryan Salt said though the first object Lakowsky created was simple it is still a considerable breakthrough in their project.
He said that Lakowski was able to control an evolutionary process, which grows a 3D object using the small electrical impulses detectable in the brain.
Salt added that the evolving model is created in a form that can be read by the latest 3D printers, which allows them to create objects directed by the mind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'