3D printed object created using brain waves
Washington: A technology company from Chile has claimed to print world`s first physical object using the power of the mind.
According to technology blog neurogadget.com , George Lakowsky, the CTO for Thinker Thing, a self-described "creative group" managed to successfully create an object using a brain-computer interface headset.
Lakowsky used the interface to form a 3-D shape using his thoughts that were then sent to a 3-D printer for fabrication of the object- a cluster of polygons which resembled a toy robot`s arm, Fox News reported.
Thinker Things founder Bryan Salt said though the first object Lakowsky created was simple it is still a considerable breakthrough in their project.
He said that Lakowski was able to control an evolutionary process, which grows a 3D object using the small electrical impulses detectable in the brain.
Salt added that the evolving model is created in a form that can be read by the latest 3D printers, which allows them to create objects directed by the mind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter