6 signs that show your iPhone is stressing you out
New York: A co-dependent relationship with your iPhone could be contributing to anxiety in more ways than most people realize, a study has revealed.
A 2011 study found that when youngsters are unplugged from technology for just 24 hours, most of them experience physical and mental symptoms of distress, the Huffington Post reported.
The six signs that your smartphone might be majorly stressing you out are:
First sign is that a person feels the urge to respond to the texts or emails. If these things get a person`s heart rate going, there`s a good chance that their smartphone is adding stress to their life.
Another sign is that a person has phantom cellphone syndrome - which is when a person feels the phone vibrating in their back pocket even when its not.
Third sign of addiction is that the person is constantly thinking about what everyone else is doing and all the things they might be missing out on at any given moment, scrolling through party photos and enthusiastic weekend updates on your News Feed make them feel sad or anxious, the problem has been given the name of Fear of Missing Out ( FOMO ).
Addiction number 4 is that the person is not paying attention to their pals and family. For example, when a person is having dinner with friends or family, with their phone sitting next to their plate, and instead of ignoring it, they turn their attention away from the conversation to respond to a text.
Fifth sign is that the person feels restless when they are away from their phone.
The last sign is that the person has a difficult time concentrating in his class and eagerly awaits the ringing of the bell, so that they can check their phone and return the text.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city